This might be the GDS data blog, but that doesn’t mean all the stories related to data are published here first. Data is often most interesting - and useful - when it’s applied to specific products, and many interesting pieces …
Back in March we launched a beta version of the Government Service Design Manual. As the product manager at the time, I remember one of the things the team agonised about was whether we should launch any public version of …
Data is central to everything we do in GDS. Our user researchers, analysts and data scientists experts work alongside product teams to generate insights that make digital services better. The Performance Platform has made big steps towards automating the collection …
Related content and links
About this blog
This is a cross government blog about our work with data and the way we’re using performance analysis and data science techniques to improve service delivery and policy outcomes, and our work to find, access and use open government data.
Subscribe to Open Notes
Sign up to get updates direct to your inbox and stay informed about improvements to digital products and services in government.
- DIT's Data Workspace - all our data, in one place 11 January 2023
- Beyond checklists: critical thinking about data ethics, technology and AI 9 November 2022
- How we are using machine learning to detect GOV.UK feedback spam 3 October 2022
- Splink: Fast, accurate and scalable record linkage 23 September 2022
- Mentoring a Successful RAP Project 8 August 2022