Darren Stillwell explains why the Race Disparity Unit (RDU) is a big fan of ‘harmonisation’. He outlines what the RDU is doing to make ethnicity data more consistent and comparable, and outlines some barriers they’re encountering along the way.
Darren Stillwell - Head of Quality and Standards, Race Disparity Unit
Related content and links
About this blog
This is a cross government blog about our work with data and the way we’re using performance analysis and data science techniques to improve service delivery and policy outcomes, and our work to find, access and use open government data.
- Presenting data: 5 tips for making your data understandable 2 March 2021
- New guidance for publishing data 18 February 2021
- How we created a reporting tool to improve the accessibility of GOV.UK 16 February 2021
- Why data harmonisation is important 29 January 2021
- The perfect match: optimising the accelerator mentor-mentee pairing process 25 January 2021