The Race Disparity Unit at the Cabinet Office Equalities Hub have analysed different approaches taken by national governments to understanding how they compare on issues such as ethnic diversity and cultural identity.
Darren Stillwell - Head of Quality and Standards, Equality Hub
Darren Stillwell explains why the Race Disparity Unit (RDU) is a big fan of ‘harmonisation’. He outlines what the RDU is doing to make ethnicity data more consistent and comparable, and outlines some barriers they’re encountering along the way.
Related content and links
About this blog
This is a cross government blog about our work with data and the way we’re using performance analysis and data science techniques to improve service delivery and policy outcomes, and our work to find, access and use open government data.
- Mentoring a Successful RAP Project 8 August 2022
- Automatically produce best practice spreadsheets 24 June 2022
- Using the Beneficial Ownership Data Standard to support the Economic Crime Bill 31 March 2022
- Using a federated model for API discovery in government 18 February 2022
- Comparing ethnicity data for different countries 25 January 2022