DWP statistician Catherine Hope leads the cross-government ‘Presentation Champions’ who share best practice for designing the best ways to present government data. In this blog she shares some tips on the best ways to make your information understandable.
Catherine Hope - Statistician, Department for Work and Pensions
I recently wrote about iterating the way we share data when the user needs of the teams we work with change. A quick recap. As digital performance analysts we’ve got lots of ways of sharing data: daily reports, weekly reports …
I’m Catherine Hope and I lead the team of Digital Performance Analysts working in Newcastle on the DWP’s retirement provision services. I’m also the DWP’s Data Presentation Champion, and get very excited by charts! I’m going to tell you about …
Related content and links
About this blog
This is a cross government blog about our work with data and the way we’re using performance analysis and data science techniques to improve service delivery and policy outcomes, and our work to find, access and use open government data.
- Who really benefits from UK business ownership? 8 April 2021
- Software engineering in analysis? See what happens next! 24 March 2021
- Our new guidance on publishing reference data for government 17 March 2021
- Help us increase the importance of data in GDS service assessments 11 March 2021
- Presenting data: 5 tips for making your data understandable 2 March 2021