DWP statistician Catherine Hope leads the cross-government ‘Presentation Champions’ who share best practice for designing the best ways to present government data. In this blog she shares some tips on the best ways to make your information understandable.
Catherine Hope - Statistician, Department for Work and Pensions
I recently wrote about iterating the way we share data when the user needs of the teams we work with change. A quick recap. As digital performance analysts we’ve got lots of ways of sharing data: daily reports, weekly reports …
I’m Catherine Hope and I lead the team of Digital Performance Analysts working in Newcastle on the DWP’s retirement provision services. I’m also the DWP’s Data Presentation Champion, and get very excited by charts! I’m going to tell you about …
Related content and links
About this blog
This is a cross government blog about our work with data and the way we’re using performance analysis and data science techniques to improve service delivery and policy outcomes, and our work to find, access and use open government data.
- What skills do you need for working in data ethics? 7 September 2021
- Our new guidance on improving spreadsheets in government 18 August 2021
- govcookiecutter: A template for data science projects 20 July 2021
- Join us at DataConnect21 and share your data stories 15 July 2021
- Asking people about their ethnicity 15 June 2021