I wanted to analyse when some GOV.UK foreign language content had last had a content update. I regularly use Google sheets for my analysis, and so use the DETECTLANGUAGE function within sheets to audit our pages without having to worry …
On 25 February we held the seventh meetup of digital and performance analysts who work across UK government services (DAUGS VII), at the National Audit Office. Sixty colleagues came together to share insights and approaches on topics ranging from tag management …
When I’m doing content analysis on GOV.UK, sometimes I need to analyse page level data which is not tracked through analytics software but still represents valuable information. In these circumstances I use the ImportXML feature in Google Sheets which enables …
Related content and links
About this blog
This is a cross government blog about our work with data and the way we’re using performance analysis and data science techniques to improve service delivery and policy outcomes, and our work to find, access and use open government data.
Subscribe to Open Notes
Sign up to get updates direct to your inbox and stay informed about improvements to digital products and services in government.
- Beyond checklists: critical thinking about data ethics, technology and AI 9 November 2022
- How we are using machine learning to detect GOV.UK feedback spam 3 October 2022
- Splink: Fast, accurate and scalable record linkage 23 September 2022
- Mentoring a Successful RAP Project 8 August 2022
- Automatically produce best practice spreadsheets 24 June 2022