Data science is a complex, rapidly changing discipline and has an increasingly diverse range of applications. read how Nicky formalised the process of continuous learning and innovation by encouraging people to spend up to 20% of their time exploring new and innovative data science tools and techniques
Nicky Zachariou - Head of Data Science (Prisons and Probation), MoJ
GOV.UK can be represented as a multilayer network GOV.UK is a group of pages that comprises the best place to find government services and information. In its most abstract form, GOV.UK can be represented as a network made of pages, …
Find out all the ways in which semantic similarity is helping us improve GOV.UK
We're using supervised machine learning to organise all the content on GOV.UK, which means we can do things like create step by step journeys and consider voice activation. Here's what the data science team did.
Related content and links
About this blog
This is a cross government blog about our work with data and the way we’re using performance analysis and data science techniques to improve service delivery and policy outcomes, and our work to find, access and use open government data.
Subscribe to Open Notes
Sign up to get updates direct to your inbox and stay informed about improvements to digital products and services in government.
- DIT's Data Workspace - all our data, in one place 11 January 2023
- Beyond checklists: critical thinking about data ethics, technology and AI 9 November 2022
- How we are using machine learning to detect GOV.UK feedback spam 3 October 2022
- Splink: Fast, accurate and scalable record linkage 23 September 2022
- Mentoring a Successful RAP Project 8 August 2022