Data science is a complex, rapidly changing discipline and has an increasingly diverse range of applications. read how Nicky formalised the process of continuous learning and innovation by encouraging people to spend up to 20% of their time exploring new and innovative data science tools and techniques
Nicky Zachariou - Head of Data Science (Prisons and Probation), MoJ
GOV.UK can be represented as a multilayer network GOV.UK is a group of pages that comprises the best place to find government services and information. In its most abstract form, GOV.UK can be represented as a network made of pages, …
Find out all the ways in which semantic similarity is helping us improve GOV.UK
We're using supervised machine learning to organise all the content on GOV.UK, which means we can do things like create step by step journeys and consider voice activation. Here's what the data science team did.
Related content and links
About this blog
This is a cross government blog about our work with data and the way we’re using performance analysis and data science techniques to improve service delivery and policy outcomes, and our work to find, access and use open government data.
- Splink: Fast, accurate and scalable record linkage 23 September 2022
- Mentoring a Successful RAP Project 8 August 2022
- Automatically produce best practice spreadsheets 24 June 2022
- Using the Beneficial Ownership Data Standard to support the Economic Crime Bill 31 March 2022
- Using a federated model for API discovery in government 18 February 2022